4 in 10 disabled and seriously ill children today are living in poverty. Lack of money can be a huge pressure and additional worry for the families of disabled and seriously ill children.
This is partly because:
* It is three times more costly to bring up a disabled or seriously ill child than a
non-disabled or healthy child
* Only 16% of mothers with disabled and seriously ill children are able to work compared to 61% of all mothers. Only 3% of mothers of disabled and seriously ill children are able to work full time
* A lack of flexible employment options and suitable childcare are a big part of this problem
* 31% are going without food due to the many additional financial costs of bringing up a disabled or seriously ill child
* 86% of parent carers pay £5 or more an hour for specialist childcare
This is why CCF and all its supporters continue in doing all we can to support these incredible families. Every child deserves the right to be happy and grow up in an environment that meets their every need.
HELP US HELP THEM!!!